1.3 Identify criteria for establishing the feasibility of an investigation
Match the preferred investigation options to available resources
Identify the available resources
Quantify and cost resources
Know how to find and secure resources needed for the investigation
The importance of reviewing and updating plans in response to changing circumstances.
Potential constraints on achieving the objectives, which could be:
- logistical (distance, location)
- professional values
Areas of concern that could have an impact on the investigation limitations and restrictions.
- changes in legislation, regulation or codes ofpractice
- social or community impact
- enforcement agency involvement,
- Police, Revenue & Customs, security services (e.g. a crime investigation or surveillance operation)
- media interest or involvement
- national or international boundaries
- covert surveillance being compromised
- collateral intrusion
- lack of information (either intentionally or otherwise)
- identification of the need to cater for special needs, age, limited ability, etc.